Everything Dragon
Sign in to follow this  
Angel

random dragon topic

ok we needed some activity in the dragon section about dragons so here is my random dragon thread. ^^

Who is your favorite dragon?

Can be a dragon from anywhere, a book, a movie, legend, history, anything.

Please give reasons please and lets have some discussion.

Theres so many to choose from o.o

Theres like...Bahamut from FF7. I thought he was brilliant. Especially his Bahamut Zero form. He looked amazing. I would love to see Zero in some decent graphics.

But then theres also such ones as Spyro. You gotta love the little purple dragon!!

Then there is Temeraire from the Temeraire books. I love how dragons are depicted in the series. I really need to re-read the books. And the image of Temeraire that i have in my mind is a very regal one.

I know if i put my mind to it i could come up with more

Loc

i am a big fan of spryo, there is draco from dragon heart and Saphira.

those are just the ones that come to mind straight away.....

Guest Daichenzian

My most favourite of dragons are those of the six-limbed reptilian variety, I just can't help but love them.

Aside from Draco and Temeraire, I would say that Haku from Spirited Away is among my favourites as well. I can't say anything about this Spyro character, I've seen the games for the X-box and PS2 but they haven't been released for the PC yet.

Ah, yes! Haku. I liked Haku in Spirited Away. How could i forget him!

its so annoying, because i know there are more that i like, but i cant think of them!!! Im going to have to raid my books and such when i get home.

Loc

My favourite. It would either be Cynder from the latest Spyro games or Angelus from Drakengard. Their the two that really stood out from the rest for me.

mine is Skie from the DragonLance books.. he was Kitiara's dragon! Woot woot! that's my namesake!

I also have a few that I reaaly like. XD

One of my favorites is Vermithax Pejorative. In the movie Dragonslayer she is portrayed as bad, and is killed in the end :*(

But the special effects people did a really awesome job on making her look so beautifully real looking.

I also like Ramoth, Mnementh, Ruth, Canth, all from the Dragonriders Of Pern books. :dragonhappy:

I like Cassie from Dragon tales she is really cute. Oh and I really love all the pocket dragons because they are so adorable. :O

Oh and I cant forget Spyro, well cause he's purple :lol:

Draco from Dragonheart just cause he was a really great character in the movie. :P

:?: If I remember some others I will put them down.

My Fav has to be the Dragon from "Regin of Fire"!! its just thats the only Dragon movie i've seen that really could happen!! and the male of the species in the movie was VICIOUS!!!

And I have that on DVD too XD

Bwa, A Wyvern movie like Regin of fire is not realy good.

Most of the movie was quite boring actualy.

And...could happen you say?

Many long years living beneath the ground under one of the most famous city's in the world?

I mean...(laughs) where is the reality in that?

One male and all the rest female?

I know that the female is most of all the weaker one, but isn't this a bit over the edge?

And who made an end on to the killing Wyvern attack?

The army? Aliens?

No, just some ugly man with small weapons.

But don't understand me wrong, i like to see killer dragons on the screen.

Unlike man- helping idiots like Draco from Dragonheart or Saphira from Eragon.

In fact, i've never seen the perfect dragon for me on the screen.

Only those Hollywood- pure american/english show beasts.

I liked the two headed dragon from Willow.

Not because of its appearance, but i like his way of attack the people around him.

DARN YOU VAL KILMER!

And also a bit like Fafnir from the movie: Ring of the Nibelungs.

I like how this dragon defense himself to the end.

I don't think that i will see the perfect dragon in my eye's on the screen or in books or...whatever.

Bwa, A Wyvern movie like Regin of fire is not realy good.

Most of the movie was quite boring actualy.

And...could happen you say?

Many long years living beneath the ground under one of the most famous city's in the world?

I mean...(laughs) where is the reality in that?

One male and all the rest female?

I know that the female is most of all the weaker one, but isn't this a bit over the edge?

And who made an end on to the killing Wyvern attack?

The army? Aliens?

No, just some ugly man with small weapons.

But don't understand me wrong, i like to see killer dragons on the screen.

Unlike man- helping idiots like Draco from Dragonheart or Saphira from Eragon.

In fact, i've never seen the perfect dragon for me on the screen.

Only those Hollywood- pure american/english show beasts.

I liked the two headed dragon from Willow.

Not because of its appearance, but i like his way of attack the people around him.

DARN YOU VAL KILMER!

And also a bit like Fafnir from the movie: Ring of the Nibelungs.

I like how this dragon defense himself to the end.

I don't think that i will see the perfect dragon in my eye's on the screen or in books or...whatever.

yes that a good choice as well! i sad could happen in the aspect of the way it happen, not exactly like the movie! one male all thoise females, not possible i know. but him being a Wyven makes him all the nastier to me i guess.

I am just the opposite. I think movies or stories where the dragon kills all the people and is the enemy is a lot more boring. I like dragons with a lot of personification.

My favorite dragon is Spyro. The dragon that opened up the doorway to dragons for me at 8-years-old. The dragon game that I was utterly addicted to and couldn't stop playing it. I busted a hole in my wall because I couldn't play it one day, I was up until 4 a.m. to play it. I drew Spyro pictures everyday when I was young. I played countless hours of Spyro 1, 2 and 3 all when I was just 8-years-old.

My other favorite dragon is: Arokh - Rynn's dragon companion in the PlayStation 2 video game Drakan: The Ancient's Gates.

And my absolute favorite dragon in a book is Ruth from Anne McCraffey's The White Dragon. I like Ruth the most out of all the dragons because he seems most personified than the other dragons, and he seems more friendly than the others. My favorite part of the book is when Jaxom takes Ruth to eat and he eats so many wherries that his belly is bulging out and is very very happy.

I never got into dragons in cartoons, as long as they looked detailed and not super cartoony like in Pete's Dragon or anything like that.

Edited by LiberateDragon

Guest Daichenzian

I find that in 'dragon on a rampage' stories, the people who make the story have to spend time focusing on the dragon and explaining why it does what it does, this inevitably results in a level of character development, which itself makes the dragon more likeable.

A perfect example of this happening is Godzilla from the 1998 film, all it wants to do is eat some fish.

To turn the creature/dragon back into an unlikeable monster, the makers may likely pull a twist out of their backsides which they think will inspire a new wave of dislike in an audience. Again, in the Godzilla film, the human characters come across the creatures nest. But instead of there being just 3 or 4 eggs, they find 3 or 4 million of them and have to destroy them to save humanity.

To say nothing of how unlikely it is that one mother could produce that many eggs in one go. The thought emerges to me that the mother must be like a TARDIS, bigger inside than out, the combined size of the eggs is easily greater than that of the mother.

And yes, I do like Godzilla from the film. And though it is not exactly a dragon film, I do put it in the same general category.

I also love all the Godzilla movies. The scientists in one of the movies said Godzilla was an evolved form of allosaurus. But Godzilla had a radioactive fire breath weapon and spikey armored things along the back, So yeah Godzilla seemed more dragonish to me also.

Even though the american verson of Godzilla didn't really look like Godzilla I still liked the movie. What threat are fish eating lizards to humans? The people the baby ones were after had fish smell on them and the babies thought they were fish to eat.

If the humans didn't kill the babies, Godzilla would not have been a threat.

Go go Godzilla! XD

No! just some japanese Director with to much imagination. XD

Godzilla...ueh...i werther see King Kong.

Gojira is just a sad Dino.

The Japanese say its a dragon, but the americans made him a dinosaur.

Gojira its just a man in a Halloween costume.

And Godzilla is crappy computer animation.

No! just some japanese Director with to much imagination. XD

Godzilla...ueh...i werther see King Kong.

Gojira is just a sad Dino.

The Japanese say its a dragon, but the americans made him a dinosaur.

Gojira its just a man in a Halloween costume.

And Godzilla is crappy computer animation.

i'm glad we can all have our own opinion! i grew up with Godzilla, loved watching the week long marathon of movies after school. the newer ones are good, just not the same to me. although i do like the newer version of Godzilla himself, the older battle scenes and comic relief really entertained me!

As a whole Godzilla movies are good entertainment. :dragonhappy: They must be successful because they keep making them. :P

Japanese dragons look very different from the typical western dragon, and their dragons are not the vicious, maiden eating, fire breathers. They are more like guadians of the earth.

Guest Daichenzian
As a whole Godzilla movies are good entertainment. :dragonhappy: They must be successful because they keep making them. :P

Its all sponsorship from the construction industry, with Godzilla around they will never be out of a job.

I think insurance companies would be sponsors of those movies too. They would make a lot of money selling Destruction by Act Of Godzilla insurance. :lol:

They do continue making the Friday the 13th movies (12 Movies!!).

Just because its so cheap to make.

haven't you noticed how darn cheap those Godzilla movies look like?

Even i can make such a movie if i had enough people.

Why can't they make a good Godzilla movie with real- like creatures like Stephen Spielberg (jurassic park, Indiana Jones) or Peter Jackson? (Lord of the Rings, King kong)

Oh...that's right, its to expensive and far to professional.

Edited by Dacorian

They do continue making the Friday the 13th movies (12 Movies!!).

Just because its so cheap to make.

haven't you noticed how darn cheap those Godzilla movies look like?

Even i can make such a movie if i had enough people.

Why can't they make a good Godzilla movie with real- like creatures like Stephen Spielberg (jurassic park, Indiana Jones) or Peter Jackson? (Lord of the Rings, King kong)

Oh...that's right, its to expensive and far to professional.

heck, if they put that kind of tech and money behind ANY Dragon/monster flim, it would ROCK!!

The money behind 'Dragonheart was about many milions on animationwork and good actors.

To only have a dragon with the voice of Saun Connery...in the same year that he did 'The rock was very expensive.

But it just wasn't my kind of story.

The money behind 'Dragonheart was about many milions on animationwork and good actors.

To only have a dragon with the voice of Saun Connery...in the same year that he did 'The rock was very expensive.

But it just wasn't my kind of story.

now see, i did'nt care for Dragonheart. don't know why. love the dragons, just could'nt get into the movie/story.