Everything Dragon
Sign in to follow this  
trigirl48

Mediums

What's your favorite? I like plain old paper and pencil along with a kneaded eraser. I also like to use clay and paper mache but I haven't used either of those since my high school art classes.

And just because you don't make art, doesn't mean you can't tell us what your favorite medium is! You might gravitate towards painting or like looking at clay sculptures....

At the moment im partial to pencil and paper. With a putty rubber of course. Then the picture is either shaded with pencil's, or i will use chalks. If im not colouring it though, i will outline it using a black ink pen.

Loc

pencil and paper, I dont like rubbers though, they ruin pictures.

I really want a graphics tablet! Would be awesome, but i have no idea what a good one is.

Loc

Anything Wacom is good. Anything Thrust will most likely ruin your life.

Seriously, if you want a good tablet, only go with Wacom.

I wold love to get any type of wacom since it would be easier for me to get pictures I draw onto the computer, but I don't have an sort of income, so I can't afford one. :(

Anything Wacom is good. Anything Thrust will most likely ruin your life.

Seriously, if you want a good tablet, only go with Wacom.

Thanks Ama, ill go have a look at some Wacom ones then!

Loc

I love my Prismacolor pencils. I like the control and the blending I can get with my pencils.

I also like mechanical pencils, and the grahite pencils HB, 4B, 8B, and 9B.

Woodless graphite and color pencils.

I use blending stumps or soft leather to get nice blends. I also use a kneaded rubber, they really are gentle on the paper.

I like doing ink drawings also.

I have a wacom tablet as soon as I can get my hand eye coordination and my photoshop skills working properly, I will be using it for art. XD My CG skills are seriously lacking at the moment.

Hmm..

Pencils:

.7 Mech HB 2

.5 Mech HB 2

Prismacolor Blendable Color Pencils

Derwent Watercolor Pencils

Pens:

Bic (Cheap 50 cent pens)

Calligraphy Markers/Pens

Paper:

9 x 14 Bristol

9 x 12 Watercolor

9 x 12 Sketchpaper

Misc Tools:

Tortillons

Wacom Bamboo Fun

Photoshop CS2

Umm I think that about covers it! XD

You're much better than I am! If you're missing something I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Pencil, paper, free time at school XD

But honestly, I've dabbled in most media, especially colored pencils, and I'm pretty decent at photoshop. And currently I'm getting really good at jewelery making... err... I mean Metal working! :?: Yeah, I said metal working..

Edited by LordDragonfang

Paper, Markers, pens, n colored pencils.. regular #2 for the sketch tho..

Do you write? Because writing is art work too! And just because you don't make art, doesn't mean you can't tell us what your favorite medium is! You might gravitate towards painting or like looking at clay sculptures....

She's very right! Even just a keyboard for typing or pen and paper for writing can be included for a very good answer.

Guest Daichenzian

I don't write, I've tried once or twice before but it isn't really my sort of thing.

As for the sort of thing I like best: I like rock/glass objects that have been carved/moulded to form a new shape. I have a few gemstone trees at home, very nice I think. I also have a collection of glass diamond paperweights of different sizes and colours.

It is fairly obvious to tell though that I don't actually make such things myself.

Exactly! Writing is art too and the same items I use to draw, I use to write too! In reality, I prefer writing over drawing.

Guest Daichenzian

Even if I had any writing ability, I still lack the motivation to do anything.

Not really a drawer, because my quick hands are actively shaking all the time. I suppose quick sketches, like drawing a building layout or other stuff. What I lack at drawing I make up in writing. My writing with pencil is 65-70 WPM, with 93% accuracy. My typing is faster but less accurate, a 80-90 WPM with 87% accuracy. I also have multiple settings I create from all the places i've been *thinks* which reminds me, i'm going to need to add a setting to my book. maybe i'll do it at the convention... eh, not now. So my artistic ability is mental, painting scenes with my head then writing it down. :D

Edited by jman2467

im also i writer for most of my art but i haev been known to scetch a bit, if i ahev a picture i can sketch it pritty well.

Free hand i can draw ok but never animals or dragons am ok at cartoon people well i used to be. can also draw clothing designs.

i draw in lead pencils mostly or somtimes i draw my cartoon people in the simple paint program

Colored pencils <3 Especially Prismacolors. Very smooth lead.

Also paper and pencil. I love to just sketch and doodle at times.