Everything Dragon
Sign in to follow this  
Loc_zsu

ED News Post 06/08/12

Heya everyone.

As some may have noticed, I posted up a News Post yesterday. Again, as some may have noticed, you cant post ruddy comments on it. This looks to be an issue with the thing itself as not even the admin can post comments (even though everything is set up to allow comments).

So, due to that, I ask that any comments suggestions and such for the news post, can you post them here for me!

The News post can be read here. If people like the news post and want me to carry on, I will probably post a thread in this part of the forum each time I put one up until such a time that we can post comments on the News post itself.

So, yeah, please let me know your thoughts about it!

Cheers!

Loc

I like the news post! It's a good idea, makes us feel like a little more like a community forum. You should do more of these, man. I'm doing more stuff too, so at least you'll have something to put in there. :D

I shall post this here too 8D

Wall of text alert.

I think its fantastic.

Having a summary of the latest News and Updates in one place is extremely handy.

I for one miss some of the updates around the site.

Could there be headings in the News Update?

I'll use the current contents as an example:

General News:

(A section like this would include perhaps new and old members and competitions like the mascot one.)Topic News:(This section would highlight the latest 'hot topics' that have emerged and maybe point out one or two less popular new ones that may have been over shadowed by the 'hot topic'.)

Mod News:

(This would be where updates such as what changes have been made to the games section have been made and the news that the RP section is having a spring clean. I for one, like I said, totally miss some of these updates because they get lost in the sections or i dont see then in the quick little 'status update' down the side bar.)

I recon using headings of some kind would be beneficial to anyone who wanted to catch up with specific things or if someone needed to refer back a few weeks or maybe months to find information on changes, they could do so quickly and efficiently. It would create a casual site documentation.

Like an Update Archive with an extremely basic reference system!This is my rather long winded suggestion anyway XP

I agree with Noble's comments!

I liked the style, it was a big improvement of those 'forum announcements'

which nobody reads or pays attention :P

Keep 'em coming Loc!

I am glad to have feedback from people, even more so that its good feedback!

I had thought about the formatting style of the News Post, and I agree with what you have said Noble. I think the next one will follow a sort of format that you have suggested, to see how it all goes.

Cheers again all!

Loc

Yes I do also think the ED News is a great idea :D

Sign in to follow this