Everything Dragon
trigirl48

OOC: Orb of Katoral

Type: Public

Genre: Fantasy, Dragons, Espionage, Light Violence

Level: Mid

Ages: 12+

In general, things will be added as I see fit or have noticed is missing. Edited items will be in bold until the next edit. FAQ will updated frequently so keep checking back.

Then-

At first there were primitive dragons extremely territorial, they were vicious and reclusive. In time they learned that hunting with another produced a more successful hunt and thus the first troops were formed. The sun rose and set in succession and the dragons learned how to use their spirit as a conduit to manipulate the energies in the world around them. It was at this time that dragons became sentient and troops gave rise to clans.

At the start of clans another race, which had been evolving quietly alongside the dragons, made their presence known. They had no scales and only had fur at the top of their heads. They were dubbed humans as that was the dragon word at the time for scaleless. They were fragile things that hunted noisily and used claws made from rock. Some dragon clans saw promise in this new race and taught the humans about the world around them and helped them understand it. They also helped the humans learn, what they called, magic.

Other clans saw promise in the humans too but for very different reasons. They saw humans as slaves and a possible source of food. Quite simply, they argued, if regular sources of food because scare due to weather, illness, or over eating; humans could be used instead. Humans practically took care of themselves, ate comparatively little, and reproduced quickly. Human populations in these territories where either wiped out or extremely small.

Eventually the pro human clans formed an alliance to protect the humans and called it “The Joiningâ€. Dragons where intelligent but they were not known for their creativity. This angered the clans that wanted to use humans for food. One clan leader, Freyer, sought to end the folly of the human loving clans and created his own alliance. In doing so Freyer created war. It was grisly and bloodstained, like nothing the races have seen before and have yet to see again.

None had kept track of the length of the first war but each passing year saw less of each race. The Joined knew that if the war wasn't ended quickly both their race and the humans would no longer exist. A dragon with the unusual ability to heal rallied the Joined to confront Freyer either to make him surrender or to end his war once and for all. Freyer refused to give up, to stop only when the last human was captured and the last human lover was dead. He challenged the healer to single combat.

The healer, Katoral, and Freyer fought alone, both exceptionally strong and expert users of their powers. The fight was long and though mortally wounded, Katoral was able to kill Freyer. Katoral was determined to make sure his race survived and used his magic to revive as many of his fallen brethren on the battle field as he could. The process drained him of his life force but his spirit remained and took the form of an orb. His mate hid the orb as his spirit still lived and it was his spirit that kept the dragons alive.

Currently-

Countless millennia have passed now, Freyer's war, Katoral, the Joining, all have been forgotten by both dragon and human alike. Katoral's magic lived on in those he revived, and now each dragon that lives has some of the great healer's magic in them. Those that have the focus and the will can heal, but such ability is as rare now as it was then. There are occasional conflicts between humans and dragons but for the most part the two races live in relative peace.

Since the war, the magic wielding humans developed into their own race called the Faerie. They look human but have finer features such as a slightly longer face, fairer skin occasionally with unusually colored eyes and all have a profound link to nature and its creatures. Wings are possible but they are created from magic and only allow the creator the ability to hover 3 ft above the ground.

There are as many different types of dragons as there are stars in the sky and are just as varied. Dragons can be anywhere from 5 feet long to no bigger than 150 feet long. There are dragons who could have anywhere from no legs to four legs and may or may not have wings. It is not unusual for a city to have a dragon quarter though the size will vary depending on the size and wealth of the city. It is also common to see dragons in the wilderness alone or with others. A dragon's location and company is really up to the dragon itself.

Cities themselves vary in size with generally the more wealthy a city is the more adorned its buildings are. The larger cities are on the coast, where fishing and trade are easily accessed while inland the only cities are where the few land based trade routes cross. There are a few farms and villages scattered in the country side but most of the human population is in or around the cities.

Not all the humans enjoy the company of dragons; some fear the dragons whether it is their power, their size, or some other reason. Others hate the dragons believing that they are using the humans and as soon as the humans are no longer useful, the dragons will turn on the humans and wipe them out. Those that believe the latter have formed a group called the Purity Syndicate. An organization bent on wiping out the dragons before the dragons destroy the humans.

Most people are aware of the Syndicate as an organization of rabble rousers, paranoid people standing on street corners and in markets shouting how "evil" the dragons truly are. It is a perception that the leader of the Syndicate created in order to keep the true purpose of the Syndicate hidden. While the core group is located in the small trade city of Tamring, there are many other pockets throughout the world. Unlike the "paranoid" members of the Syndicate, the true members do not draw attention to themselves. They keep their beliefs to themselves, going about their days as if they truly believed that dragons were helpful. True members identify each other by saying, "Tis a good day for the dragons." to which the answer is, "But then come the humans." Some members will also have the symbol of a running lizard somewhere upon their person, whether a piece of jewelry or embroidered on their clothes. Meeting places will also have a symbol of a running lizard somewhere on the property.

Right now-

The breeze of a new spring was blowing in from the sea at Bocrof Harbor, one of the largest cities in the country. It tickled the sails of the ships docked there, filling some sails, simply brushing by others. With the breeze came the chill of a new spring yet the weather was warm enough for the snow to be gone. The harbor was full with ships coming and going and the docks where clogged with workers and sailors of all races. Further in, the city was just as busy with tradesmen, butchers, bakers, and merchants of all kinds all calling out their goods. Men, women, and children bustled about running errands, or looking for something to eat or a new trinket to buy while dragons lumbered about as well perhaps going to a job, or running errands as well, or even just enjoying the day.

Being closest to the port, the trade district is one of the busiest parts of Borcrof. There are shops of all sorts, each one with elaborate carvings and signs, all vying for attention. It would be easy to miss the non descript building wedged into the entrance of a former alley, the only way to tell that it was anything of importance was the simple wooden sign with "Cre'ast" carved into it. The store inside is clogged with various pieces of furniture, trinkets and books leaving barely any room for a being to walk yet anyone of any size can easily enter and walk around. At far end of the store is a hallway leading to a back room or two. There are only one or two windows at the front yet there seems to be enough ample light to see into even the furthest nooks and crannies.

RULES-

1. Rules will be added to as I see fit.

2. Please be nice to each other. No arguing or fighting please. If you have a disagreement in OC, keep it that way.

3. Please no power play/god modding/etc. You do not instant hit/kiss/etc the person you did the action too.

4. Please keep it clean, mild cursing is fine along with mild violence.

5. Posting order will be in the order that I've received profiles. Once I get enough profiles to start, I will post an official order.

6. Don't Skip ahead! If we're having lunch don't go off and post your entire day and end it with dinner. It is not okay to skip such a large period of time in one post unless it's okay with everyone else first.

Profile Sheet-

Only dragons and faerie use magic in this world. Humans though, can use items that are themselves imbued with magic such as a magic ring or a scrying mirror. The syndicate leader is anti-dragon so there will be NO dragons in the syndicate, UNLESS you are creative about it. If you want to have a dragon in the syndicate PM me the profile FIRST so I can say yay or nay.

Name:

Race:

Syndicate member:

Reason: (Only if you’re in the Syndicate)

Powers/magic items: (If applicable)

Strengths: (at least 1)

Weaknesses: (at least 1)

Personality/History:

MEMBERS/POST ORDER:

Faze's Raithe

Tri's Ciatious

Krys' Tarzyk

FAQ-

Q. Can my character be half-dragon half-human/faerie?

A. Genetics and Anatomy say NO.

Q. Can my character be half-human half-faerie?

A. Sort of. Your character can had a human parent and a faerie parent but you can only be born one or the other. E.g. a male fae and a female human have 2 children. The first is born with magic and is therefore a faerie. Their next child has no magic and is therefore human.

Q. Are Faeries allowed in the Syndicate?

A. Of course! Faeries can hate/fear dragons too.

Q. How long does a faerie live?

A. It is unknown how long a faerie can live if living in ideal conditions E.g. Never gets sick, healthy diet, isn't killed by another being however; the oldest known faerie was recorded to be about 600 years old when they died due to illness.

Edited by trigirl48

Alright, re-posting my old character. (EDIT changed it to fit newly added details)

Name: Raithe

Race: Human

Syndicate member: No

Powers/Magic Items: Is quite adept at fighting, and has a horrible magic blade, which has the power to separate Raithe's two personalities. He is also quite a quick thinker, and is quite clever when it comes to clockwork and simple mechanical technology.

Strengths: Good fighter, Quick thinker, logical.

Weaknesses: Unpredictable, Unstable, insane, impossible to reason with.

Personality: Has two personalities. On one side, he is quite a charmer, preferring to solve problems with talk, and persuasive wit, but is not very agile or nimble. On the other side, he becomes a silent killing machine, able to achieve feats of pique that most people would find very difficult- scaling walls, free running, etc, which makes him quite capable in most situations.

History: Raithe (second name unknown) came to the populated lands, (from where and why remain only known to him) in search of morally ambiguous work. A paid mercenary, who will work for the highest bidder, and is well known to be both a suave ladies man with a penchant for the finer things in life, and a silent killer, who will without question, commit unspeakable acts in the name of his employer. So far he has avoided tangling with imprisonment, he is still considered an extremely dangerous criminal, and is infamous for not being prosecuted by the law, because the witnesses "never show up." He came to the port on business.

It's great to see you're still interested Faze, but the form's changed a little since I last gave it a shot. Please add at least 1 strength and weakness to Raithe's profile.

Done it. Will you be playing the same character, Tri?

I will be, I just need to find the time to write him up which will either be today or Sunday or sometime between Sunday and early next Thursday. @_@

I would add a list of characters to the first post but I can't figure out how to link them.

Name: Ciatious Cre’ast

Race: Faery

Syndicate member: No

Reason: N/A

Powers: He has the ability to manipulate shadows. When he uses his powers, the area becomes shadowed like a cloud covering the sun. He can walk through them to another room or even to another place in the world, if he has been there before. He can form solid objects from the shadows as long as it’s something simple. He can also make shadow spheres appear and can use them for whatever he needs them for such as a distraction or grabbing something or entertainment. If things get bad, he can summon dark lightning that strikes anything within 20 yards but he prefers not to use it as the magic it takes to call it forth leaves him unconscious for a week.

Strengths: Knows many languages, can travel almost anywhere in a blink.

Weaknesses: Not a strong fighter, too much light weakens him.

Personality: Ciatious is generally calm and quiet. He likes to assess people before he judges them and though he’s naturally curious he’s also cautious. From his trade he can identify several different languages but can only understand a few. His biggest interest is books and has a library full of them.

History: Ciatious lived in an inland village. He grew up as any boy, full of mischief and curiosity that usually resulted in bruises or scars. He always was interested in books and in history and about a century and a half ago he moved to Bocrof, first working for an antiques dealer and then inheriting the business when the owner passed on. He made the store his own, finally changing the name 50 years ago to his own.

Edited by trigirl48

Interesting. I think I'll join! Difficult choice though.. what to be! (I'll edit when I make up my mind XD

Ok First Character! (I'll have two, only because I want to play a "good" guy and a "bad" guy in this one)

Name: Tarzyk

Race: Dragon

Syndicate member: No (obviously lol)

Powers/magic items: His breath weapon is fire. He also has the ability to manipulate any fire around him. He also has a mystic necklace that has been passed down through generations.

Strengths: He is large for his age and rather intelligent. Excellent Blacksmith and has excellent endurance

Weaknesses: Not very agile, lacks experience and has a huge ego and pride.

Personality/History: When he was just hatched humans came and killed his father. Tarzyk would have been killed too, but his father told his mother to rush to safety with the poor hatchling. He grew up with his mother, hating the humans, although his mother said that it was not their fault - the heart causes many problems. On her death bed she told him to promise he wouldn't hate the humans for what they had done, but to study more on that which she had taught him: kindness and compassion to all things. As it was his mother's dying wish, he heeded it, hiding the pain and sorrow he felt in his heart and sought to find the reasoning behind his mothers wish.

Forgot to mention this Thursday, the FAQ has been updated. I plan on updating it frequently as I think of questions or as I'm asked questions so check it often!

Sorry for the delay of the IC thread. I suddenly got more hours at work on top of my Halloween job so I've been pretty busy/tired. I swear I'll put it up once I'm not so stressed out.

No worries here, Tri. Triple post! Ha!

Yeah sorry about that, but I figured there was enough time in between each post that it was okay.

To be honest, when it comes to double and triple posting, there is no problem with it, unless it is senseless spamming. If you have good cause to multi post, then that is ok.

Loc

This is the last weekend for my Halloween job so look for the IC thread this next week or the week after! So sorry it took so long, I should have just waited until all this chaos was over.

Edited by trigirl48

IC thread post and up for approval by faze. How in the world do you link stuff in this forum now? I know you can just copy paste the URL but I'd like it to look neat and say "OOC Thread" that links you when you click it. I've got to be missing something here.

Highlight OOC Thread then hit the little chain link button with the plus on it (below the Size dropdown menu) then paste the link and voila!

It worked! Thank you! And it's your turn Krys! Idk if you knew that so I'm telling you. >> Going to up a posting order right now.

Alrighty. and I'll make my second Char at some point.

Take your time, new characters (and players) are welcomed just don't go over board with how many characters you make. XD

Lol I told you I only wanted one more.. tho I wasn't sure if I wanted Human or Faerie in the Syndicate.

Could i make a syndicate member? like an anti-Raithe? that way i could plot my own two characters fight scenes.