Everything Dragon
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDragon21

Star Wars Episode VII

Some news has been revealed about the upcoming star wars film, episode 7. We will be seeing the return of the original actors and their characters: Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill as well as Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Kenny Baker.

Other actors confirmed are Andy Serkis and Max von Sydow, alongside relative newcomers John Boyega and Daisy Ridley, both of whom are British.

Episode VII will start shooting at Pinewood Studios, near London, in May.

we also have a due date

The new film is due in cinemas on 18 December 2015.

Sauce: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27210448

I saw that article. To be honest, it doesn't provide any more details than what we already knew, or had guessed. Its not that surprising that the original trio are returning, nor the back up trio (especially R2-D2 and C3PO). 

It will be interesting to see how this trilogy (if they still go with that) will do. It has great potential to dump all over the fans though, purely because it is likely to mess up their (the fans) established canon that is present in the many, many books that have been written since the original trilogy came out.

I, personally, look forward to it as much as I do most films. I may go and see it in the cinema, but I'm not going to camp out to see it in a midnight showing, sort of deal.

Abrams at the helm will be interesting though. I enjoyed his take on Star Trek, so lets see him do Star Wars. Bring on the bloom!!

Loc

I wanted to go and audition in London but they were only looking for teenage actresses :'(

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more info about it yet to be honest. Everything I've read seems incredibly vague...

Also I kind of agree with loc. The originals were classics and I was let down by Episode One- The Phantom Menace because I expected it to live up to the others. I also struggled to take the film seriously because Jar Jar was involved! 

This time I will go in with more of an open mind though!

Edited by Sayuri

My friend showed me this. a video where a film/tvshow critic/reviewer has his take on this news, and what he thinks about JJ 

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/6763-A-Disturbance-In-The-Force

I somewhat agree with his point of view too. However i will try to be there for the midnight showing. hopefully it is a midnight showing, in america the theater monopoly has started doing something extremely stupid, and pushing back the midnight showing to the previous day at 7pm. so instead of friday midnight, its 7pm on thursday the day before. It destroys everything the midnight showings had going for them. its at midnight, where most people are off work, and are able to catch it (at the cost of sleep, but its worth it) and its the atmosphere of night(i just like night i guess) but 7pm, people are at work, its impossible to get friends together to watch it, its a mess. 

I'll probably go just before it leaves the cinema with my friend so we get the whole place to ourselves again c:

I hate premiers because they're crowded and some idiot always talks through it!

I agree with that Bob in a way, I did expect more from Star Trek and the story line could have been better, for me it was the actors who made the film not the story line. The beginning didn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Let's hope he manages to be more creative with Star Wars..

Edited by Sayuri

Ahh, Movie Bob, he does make me smile. I think he is a bit biased when it comes to the SW franchise (although he makes some good points). 

/rant

The thing with SW is, it doesn't matter how good the films are, people won't like them more than the original trilogy (that didn't even start life as a trilogy). The prequel trilogy? Not actually that bad. It has some really solid bits in it, just as many as turn up in the original trilogy. Yes, there are some annoying characters in the prequels, but my word, the Ewoks just pissed me off to know end. Some of the acting was bad, sure (I'm looking at you, Episode II) but if you rewatch New Hope, there is some hammy acting in there.

/rant over

I liked what Abrahms did with ST. Yes, the 2nd one could have been better, but thats OK. I'm not expecting stellar things from Ep. VII, because they will need to play it safe to begin with, but I would like to think they have learnt from how people reacted to Eps I-III and learn from it (less politics please!)

Loc

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/

Thought I'd post this here. A couple guys from the Russell Crowe version of Robin Hood will be in the new movie as well. I really want to see how this goes.

(On a side note, I must call this thread a fail as none of the posts were on May the Fourth. I personally dressed up for it at work as I work at a card game store and can get away with it XD)

I am teasing by the way guys, trying to cheer myself up a bit.

I think episode 7 will be great. Disney makes classic awesome movies, George Lucas makes epic movies, what could be better. Together they will make an awesomely epic classic.

Either way no matter what the critics say I will always like Star Wars movies. I don't think the critics gave the original Stars Wars movie a good review, and it ended up being a classic movie.

On a side note I saw Maleficent, OMG! it was great, I loved it.   :dragonhappy: 

I think episode 7 will be great. Disney makes classic awesome movies, George Lucas makes epic movies, what could be better. Together they will make an awesomely epic classic.

Either way no matter what the critics say I will always like Star Wars movies. I don't think the critics gave the original Stars Wars movie a good review, and it ended up being a classic movie.

On a side note I saw Maleficent, OMG! it was great, I loved it.   :dragonhappy: 

JJ Abrams will be directing 7, Lucas has a very minor role, more of an advisor.. 

But the story came from Lucas, so it should still be great. Besides I am a total Sephiroth fan,...   :lol:  I mean Star Wars fan, yeah, I love all the SW movies, no matter what the critics say. Anyway doesn't Lucas own Disney?

Well the story concept is still from Lucas. Anyway they will have to really really mess up the story for me not to like the movie. So far I have liked every SW film.

Special effects will be awesome, anyway.

....maybe they could add a StarGate,.... :lol: 

....maybe they could add a StarGate,.... :lol: 

Im sure you can find some starwars stargate fanfic somewhere online :P but i doubt that will ever happen. 

Nah, they got hyperspace, they don't really need a StarGate,...hehehe

Well I saw this and it looks great..., awwwwwww!!! have to wait til December though. I think all the previous movies came out in May.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrefxF0Xxg

okay fixed the link

Edited by Ramoth

Well It's does look good if the trailer is real and if it is I would like see it!

This is a new one looks awesome :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Saw it yesterday. Looking brilliant!