Everything Dragon
Sign in to follow this  
Loc_zsu

The ED Wiki

Morning everyone. Today, I am here to talk to you about the ED Wiki.

So, the Wiki was a little community project that was kicked off a couple of years back. It had some interesting ideas behind it, and to begin with people seemed keen to do it. Two years on, and its not really gone very far. The link to the Wiki is still present on the site, but hasn't had more than 200 hits on it.

Personally, it is something that I think would be cool if it had loads of info in it, but I certainly don't have the time to do that sort of thing (not quickly, at least). And I know the rest of you aren't big on that much free time at the moment either.

What I want to know is, do you guys think that its time that the link to the Wiki was removed from the forum? Or are some of you likely to try and create pages for it? I don't mind either way, but I wasn't going to go and remove it without your say so.

For quick access, here is the link: http://everything-dragon.wikispaces.com/

Post all comments and thoughts below!

Loc

I think the main issue with the Wiki is that we don't have the popularity that we did a few years back. Try sending out an email to all current members and whatnot to see if we can drag a few tails back. If not, I say keep it up for a bit longer and see how it does after the mass message/email. If it doesn't get pages (I do hope to add one or 2 myself by the way) then let it go.

Is there any upkeep for keeping it up like cost or maintenance time?

If not then why not keep it up? '

also, this is the first time that i can recall ever hearing about ED having its own wiki. What was the wiki for? documenting dragon stuff, or members/characters within the community? 

edit: 

Oh my the color scheme and layout. if we keep it, Im going to retheme the whole thing to make it look better :P 

Edited by BlackDragon21

As far as I'm aware, it is completely free. The wiki itself was for members to create pages about dragons as a way of documentation and reference etc.

I have no issues with leaving it up where it is, if that's what people would like.

Loc

So, some of you may have noticed, some of you may not, but I have taken down the link to the ED Wiki. This is for a couple of reasons. One part is due to the lack of activity on it, which was a bit of a bummer, but ah well. The main reason, though, is that the site it was hosted on changed their policies. Unless your Wiki was for educational purposes, which ours was not, you had to pay a subscription to keep it running. With that in mind, I made the choice to let the Wiki get auto closed.

Maybe some day in the future, if the forum becomes more active, then we will look for a better Wiki service, but until then, it shall remain on the shelf of ideas.

Loc

So, some of you may have noticed, some of you may not, but I have taken down the link to the ED Wiki. This is for a couple of reasons. One part is due to the lack of activity on it, which was a bit of a bummer, but ah well. The main reason, though, is that the site it was hosted on changed their policies. Unless your Wiki was for educational purposes, which ours was not, you had to pay a subscription to keep it running. With that in mind, I made the choice to let the Wiki get auto closed.

Maybe some day in the future, if the forum becomes more active, then we will look for a better Wiki service, but until then, it shall remain on the shelf of ideas.

Loc

Well that sucks and when I clicked on the link you are right it was closed down.

Sign in to follow this