Everything Dragon
Sign in to follow this  
Krystalis

IC: An Everyday Fantasy Roleplay

I look around, seeing everyone bustling around the tavern and smile. "Who's up for a song?" A rousing cheer emits from the patrons as I take a stance near the middle of the room. There are very few tables here and I can see almost the whole tavern, across the wall from the door, the gold dragonborn barkeep wipes a glass clean with a smile. He knows I bring in the customers around these parts. "How about the 'Halfman's Song'?" Another rousing cheer. It's not a fast song, but it is definitely a crowd favorite. The glint of a pin in the back catches my eye and there's a noD from a man with frizzled gray hair, sitting amongst the shadows. There's my contact. I smile and start my tune, the winged cat, Timber, rousing from my shoulders as our act begins. As I begin to play on my lute sparks fly and rings of flame appear in the air for Timber to pass through. As I reach the chorus, the flames around the room flicker with an eerie green light before returning to normal. "Beware, beware, of the words I twist, I am small but my reach is long, and the ravens, black against the winter's mist are whispering the halfman's song." I keep playing as the patrons sing along with the chorus, before slowly ending my tune, Timber's antics ending. The sound of the lute fades as an eerie whisper seems to come from the walls themselves "They are whispering the Halfman's song.....". "Thank you, thank you," I say. "Buy some drinks if you want to help me keep playing in here, lads, the barkeep says I don't come cheap!" With a wink and a laugh I make my way to a table and sit down alone, a halfling waitress bringing over my usual small cup of wine and says, "That was a fantastic performance as usual, Zily! We could use some new songs too, if you find the time to write! These boys would keep you playing all night if you let them!" She giggles and gives a sly wink and before I can say a word, bustles off to help the next table. I shake my head, knowing I already have someone waiting for me to come home to Stagwick, clear up in the north mountains, and takes a sip of my wine as I look over to the guy in the back. I know he's waiting for more of the group to show. Apparently, there would be more. I take out a set of tarot cards and begin playing a game until they arrive.